As previously noted on this blog, I have been thinking about becoming British. But, well, there are a few reasons that may speak against it:
- The considerable application fees (and the performance of the UK teams in the football World Cups).
- The somehow problematic Life in the UK test.
- The fact that you don’t need two passports from different EU countries given EU law (cf. somewhere in the TEU / TFEU / CJEU case law; PS: don’t do this in exams).
- A recent survey that the UK may stay in the EU.
- Some of my company law research that explains the mess that you have when (legal) persons are subject to multiple rules and/or are allowed to choose their applicable law.
- And then, what's this strange thing of being ‘a subject of the Queen’....